It is never too early to start thinking of fun Christmas/Winter themed crafts to enjoy with the little ones! This time of year especially there is so many fun things to create and make! Today we have a super cute Snowman Spool Craft to share with you.
We welcome the lovely Cindy O'Brien from beautiful Northeast Pennsylvania USA. She runs a home daycare with 6 children and it always up to something!
The children have been enjoying creating these adorable little wooden spool snowmen.
You will need:
3 spools the same size
1 spool a smaller size
Toothpick broken in half
Piece of ribbon
Orange, black and white paint
1. Drill a small hole in the middle of one of the spools for a toothpick nose to fit into. Glue 3 spools together.
2. Paint them white and sprinkle on some glitter while wet if desired. Leave them to dry.
3. Paint the tip of the spool black for the brim of the Snowmans hat. Paint a smaller spool and stick ontop to create the top hat.
4. Using a black permanent marker add the eyes and mouth. Of course you could use other materials if you wish.
5. Paint 1/2 of a toothpick orange to use for his nose.
6. Use a piece of ribbon or fabric for a scarf.
7. Glue a piece of string to the top hole to make an adorable hanging Christmas decoration!
They look SNOW cute hanging from the Christmas Tree with all the twinkly lights.
The children were so proud and enjoyed showing them off to their parents!
It's great how they can be used year after year and they will always remind me of a lovely craft session I had with the little ones!
You may also like: