So today with Valentines approaching we set about making and decorating so heart shaped biscuits.
You will need:
125g of softened butter
1 medium egg
50g icing sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
225g plain flour
225g icing sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons of warm water
Food colouring of your choice
Sprinkles - to decorate
You will also need:
1) Grease two baking trays, measure out the butter and put into a large bowl - beat it until it is smooth. Sift in the icing sugar using a sieve and mix again.
2) Break the egg into a small bowl and add the vanilla extract, mix well with a fork.
3) Add the mixture from step two into the large bowl, add a small amount at a time and mix well between each addition.
4) Next add the flour. Use your hands to bring the dough together.
5) Wrap the dough in cling film or a plastic bag and place into the fridge for around half an hour. Put the oven on to warm - 180 degrees or gas mark 4.
6) Now roll out the dough, and using cookie cutters create your biscuit shapes.
7) Bake for 10-15 minutes - you may need to move the biscuits around on the tray half way through to prevent the ones on the outside from burning. Leave them to cool once they are cooked.
8) Time to prepare the icing sugar - sift into a bowl, add the water. Add to each cookie with a blunt knife. While the icing is still moist add the sprinkles. You may want to pour the sprinkles into a bowl and press your biscuit down into them. If you decide to sprinkle them ontop be sure to press them down to make sure they stick.
So there you have it a lovely batch of heart shapes biscuits.
You may also like.