It can even be adapted so children who are reluctant to get their hands messy can join in too!
With 2 simple ingredients you can create a shaving foam painting invitation to play.
We used our Tuff Tray for today's painting activity and took it outside. I do prefer doing messier activities on this scale outside as I can let Little N do as she pleases and a quick blast of the garden hose and all the mess is gone.
You will need:
Shaving Foam (2-3 cans for a Tuff Spot)
Range of Paints
1. Cover the base of your tray over with shaving cream. I used 1 and a half cans today but for better coverage I would recommend 2-3 cans. (Take into consideration allergies, you may need shaving cream for sensitive skin).
2. Squeeze your paints out and make various patterns as you do so, providing a colourful canvas to explore. Add a sprinkle of glitter if you wish.
3. Children who are reluctant to paint/mark make with their hands can use sticks/pointers. Drag your fingers/sticks through the shaving foam and watch the beautiful swirls that begin to appear.
4. Take a piece of paper and press it down onto the colourful swirls. Peel back and place the paper on a flat surface.
5. Using a flat object such as a ruler, scrape off the excess shaving foam and leave to dry.
There we have it a fun painting technique using shaving cream, that is also great for mark making!
If you would like to do this on a smaller scale and do a table top activity, it works just as well! We did some indoor shaving foam painting that you can see here. It's easier to contain if you use a smaller tray/container so perfect to do indoors.
We have teamed up with Messy Little Monster for their painting challenge this month. If you would like to see more painting ideas.... click here.
You may also like: