Celebrate Earth Day with this fun Planet Earth Sun catcher.
This is a perfect preschool craft to celebrate Earth Day which is celebrated on the 22nd of April each year. Earth Day is celebrated world wide.
Most schools are care settings enjoy fun crafts and activities to recognize this day. They talk about how we can help to protect our planet.
Other ways people celebrate are:
- Planting Trees and Flowers
- Creating bird feeders and houses
- Recycling and Reusing
- Take part in a litter pick
- Save energy
When I worked in a Primary School we would celebrate with the children on the afternoon. During that time we would turn all of the electronic equipment off and we would spend this time doing fun arts and crafts. We would talk about why turning equipment off would help the environment and during circle time we would think about positive changes we could make to do our bit.
Today I am going to share with you such an easy craft that Little N really enjoyed doing:
To create your very own Planet Earth Sun Catchers you will need:
Blue and Green Tissue Paper/Coloured Sweet Wrappers
1. Cut your paper/sweet wrappers into small pieces.
2. Place the laminating pouch open in front of your little ones and encourage them to use it as their canvas. Don't worry about them collaging in a circle.
3. When they have finished shut the laminating pouch. You may have to rejig some of the papers on the outer side.
4. Put the pouch through the laminator. Use a circular item to draw around and cut out your planet Earths. You can then add a piece of string to hang them up.
Come and follow us on Facebook and Pinterest for lots more ideas.
You may also like:
[name=Amy] [img=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4sAIpNlzO2c/WEdHIxSvHJI/AAAAAAAAW1E/eq_b08PlYtsgP3Eb-WjGz6iJDcRoz7F3gCK4B/s1600/learning%2Band%2Bexploring%2Bpic.png] [description=Hello!!] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/learningandexploringthroughplay) (twitter=https://twitter.com/amylouise867) (instagram=https://instagram.com/learningthroughplay8/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/learningviaplay/)