Fathers Day is looming and what better way to make our Daddy's and Grandad's feel loved and special by creating and making your very own cards! These cute cards are also great for Birthdays!
Homemade cards are fun to create and they add a personal touch. Today I am going to share with you a step by step tutorial on how to make these quirky shirt and tie cards. You can watch the video above and/or follow the step by step guide with photographs below.
You will need:
1) Begin by folding your A4 card in half.
2) Cut away a 2cm strip on the back of your card at the top and discard. You can use a ruler to make sure the line is straight or you could make a quick fold to cut along.
3) On the front of you card cut inwards a 2.5cm slit on both sides.
4) Fold the flaps like pictured above to create the collar of your shirt.
Optional: You can add buttons on the collar here if you wish. Now to make the tie.
5) Get a different coloured piece of card so that is stands out and compliments your shirt. Your tie needs to be half a piece of A4 paper. Fold inwards your two bottom corners until they meet.
6) Fold in the card at each end. You do this step twice to create a tie that is in proportion to the shirt.
7) Fold the top of your tie down twice to create the tie fold that sits in the collar. You can use sticky tape or glue. I would recommend glue.
Now you can go on to decorate your tie as you wish, before sticking it down onto the shirt.
Once it is stuck down and in place you can then write your card and get ready to send.
What are your plans this Fathers Day? How are you making the males in your lives feel special? Share your ideas with us, we would love to hear about them!